We give parents/carers of children attending playgroup sessions the opportunity to take part in a session. Your contribution and involvement in a playgroup session is important and valuable to both the children and staff. Please be patient with your child if they are a little clingy, most children are, especially when mum/dad/carer are in group! You can help and be involved in many ways – here are just some of them.
- Joining in activities with the children
- Supervision of physical play
- Washing paint and glue pots and brushes
- Helping children with painting overalls and dressing-up clothes
- Helping set up and put away outdoor play equipment
- Alert staff to any health and safety issues arising during sessions, e.g. spillages, broken toys etc.
- Any other help the play staff require
We also want to make sure that everyone is safe, so we respectfully ask that duty parents/carers do not
- Discipline, in any way, any of the children including their own whilst in playgroup – The children are the responsibility of the play staff and any unacceptable behaviour should be dealt with by them.
- Supervise children without a member of staff either inside the building or in the playground.
- Take children to the toilet or take children into the toilet to wash hands.
- Sit children on laps
- Disclose information to third parties with regard to children attending playgroup
- Use any form of IT equipment to obtain communication images or sounds in playgroup e.g. Mobile phones, cameras etc.
- Be aware all documentation must remain private and confidential to staff.